Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things


  • A poem by Harold Atteridge. By The Sea. This poem is one of my favorite things because it brings me back to my roots. I grew up living close to the coast and making beach trips with my family. My dad would always say, “Chels, once we cross over the bridge [to the beach] all our worries will fade away and the sun will shine.” By the beautiful sea, everything is better.
  • Triangle necklace. Symbolizes the importance of never-ending friendship. The three points represent myself and two of my best friends. It represents us always being there for each other no matter what. 
  • Alex & Ani bracelets. These two bracelets are some of my favorite things because each bracelet symbolizes different things. The starfish symbolizes vigilance, intuition and ability. The seahorse symbolizes patience, protection and contentment. All of which are important things for me to be reminded of every time I wear the bracelets.
  • Pink moscato. The famous writer, Paulo Coelho, once said, “Wine, for me, symbolizes a girls night, a me night and a thousand nights of memories.” I definitely agree. It reminds me of letting go of the stresses of life every once in a while and just having fun with the girls.
  • A candle. In this busy life, everyone needs that time to relax. I love taking time to myself surrounded by the calmness of candles. It brings peace and balance into my life during my stressful times. To be cliche, it brings light to my darkest times.

No comments:

Post a Comment