Thursday, May 1, 2014

Memento







My memento takes me back to special times with my family. My grandma always cooks Sunday dinners for my entire family. One of her favorite things to do is bring the family together to sit around her huge rectangular dining room table to enjoy delicious food and each other’s company. My memento focuses on shape, color/texture, and smell. The rectangular shapes connected by one rectangular panel represent how those Sunday dinners keep my family connected and close. The balsa wood was stained in a dark wood to better reflect the colors of my Grandma’s house from her dining room table to her kitchen cabinets. I also included a pattern of fresh rosemary to further emphasize her Sunday dinners and the comforting smells of her cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment